Spring is in the air, literally. It’s allergy season and many of us are starting to wonder what we can do around the house to help with our symptoms. To start, it’s important to understand a little about what causes allergy symptoms to come up at this time of year. Only then can we talk a little about what we can do to help. Spoiler alert, we’re going to recommend a robot vacuum and mop.
What causes allergies?
Simply put, an allergy is when the body reacts to something that isn’t bad for you as though it’s harmful. It’s when our immune systems think they need to fight off something that is going to make us sick. Where things go wrong is when they accidently try to fight off something that doesn’t actually harm us—making it so that our body’s reaction is the only thing that causes trouble.
So, why spring?
Spring is allergy season because this is the time of year that there’s lots of dust and pollen in the air. Flowering trees and plants put out pollen in the spring to reproduce and many people have an allergic reaction to that pollen. There it is, any of us allergy suffers are left with a whole season of discomfort (or more if you have issues with dust year-round). The question remains, what can we do to make things a little better? Well a good start is to do some spring cleaning, then keep things going with regular vacuuming and mopping.
Here’s how we can help
It might not be something you’ve considered, but a robot vacuum and mop can actually be a great tool to keep your home dust and pollen free. Here’s the top five ways a Roborock robot vacuum and mop can help you with your allergies.
- Roborock vacuums can be scheduled to run once, twice, even three times a day. That means you can have your floors kept totally dust free every day, without lifting a finger.
- With this robot vacuum you can have it run on a schedule or just start it whenever you want with the app. This means you can leave the house as it cleans if the dust from cleaning bothers you.
- The Roborock S5 has a low-profile design, so it fits easily under furniture to clean where more of the most dust and pollen collects in your home—places you might not think to clean yourself.
- The bagless design of our vacuum means that the suction power never goes down, so you get full deep-cleaning power every minute of every day.
- Most importantly, the Roborock S5 uses a HEPA filter. HEPA, which stands for high-efficiency particulate air, is a kind of filter designed specifically to remove harmful particles from air. Particles like pollen, pet dander, dust mites, and tobacco smoke. There’s no better way to remove allergens from your home than running a robot vacuum that uses a HEPA filter a few times a day.
Of course, there’s more you can do around the house to help with allergy season. Other tips to help include using a handheld vacuum to clean your drapes, furniture, and shelving (always clean from the top of the room and work your way towards the floor). Also, be sure to clean and brush your pets regularly, and you may want to consider keeping your furry family members out of some rooms of your home, specifically the bedroom. Of course, you should also try to keep your windows closed as much as possible during this time of year to simply keep that dust and pollen out.
Still all these extra efforts won’t make a difference if you don’t keep your floors clean, and that takes time out of an already busy day. Let us give you that time back, so you can spend it on things you love to do.